Using the Windows Installer to Uninstall
If you are not able to remove or uninstall an application in Windows XP using either the Uninstall option or the Add/Remove Programs tool, you could try using the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. As long as you installed the application using the Windows Installer, this utility will remove all the folders, files, registry keys, and entries from your system and allow you to start over with a clean slate.
- Download the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Run the msicuu2.exe file you downloaded to install the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility.
- Locate and launch the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility on the Start menu.
- From the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility window, locate the application in the list you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Once the application has been removed, click the Exit button to close the utility.
The application should now be completely removed from your Windows XP system.