Change the font Windows XP displays in Windows Explorer
Windows Explorer and My Computer display the same font that Windows XP uses for icon titles on your desktop: Tahoma, 8 point. If you want to change the font or font size used in Windows Explorer, follow these steps:
- Access the Display Properties dialog box by right-clicking the desktop and selecting the Properties command.
- Select the Appearance tab and click the Advanced button.
- Select Icon from the Item drop-down list.
- Use the Font drop-down arrow to select a font from the list.
- Click OK twice — once to close the Advanced Appearance dialog box and once to close the Display Properties dialog box.
You can see the new font by launching Windows Explorer or My Computer. If you don’t like what you see, repeat the steps and select a different font.
Note: This tip is for both Windows XP Home and Professional.